Weekday Fall Educational Farm Tours for Schools & Groups
Come learn about farming and experience where food comes from. Jim and Sue Giamarese are third generation farmers and would like to teach young folks an appreciation for the land and agriculture.
1. Your Educational Hayride Tour consists of Farmer Jim driving around the farm to show how fruits and vegetables are grown. The tour will stop at the farm animals which can include horses, pigs, turkeys, chickens, ducks and swans as available. Duration: approximately 20 minutes.
2. Afterwards, participants will experience picking four apples from the tree and/or one 2-5 pound sugar pumpkin from the field. Each child will receive an educational coloring workbook at the conclusion of the tour. Participants who only pick a pumpkin will receive one apple from their teacher. Additional apples, pumpkins and coloring books may be purchased at the Farm Market.
3. The final count of all attendees may be made on the day of your tour. Payment must be submitted at the Farm Market on the day of your tour.
At the Farm Market, we have fruits, vegetables, baked goods, jam, gourds, ice cream, mums, cornstalks, straw bales, Indian corn and other fall decorations and treats.
Visit our Facebook page to learn more about our farm!
September 12 - October 31, 2018
Morning Slots: 9am - 12pm
Afternoon Slots: 1pm - 5pm
Phone: (732) 407-7488
Fax: (732) 821-1810
- Corn Maze Option 🌽 Additional $3 per person
The 2018 Corn Maze is about 4 times the size of previous years and adds around 1 hour to your tour
- Teachers and staff ride the hayride for FREE
- Chaperones, Parents, Grandparents, other Adults: $4 each to ride the hayride
- Additional apples & pumpkins may be picked and purchased by weight in the Farm Market
- We have Picnic Tables (reservation required) and a lawn area available for lunch
Teacher Toolbox of Agriculture Lessons
From NJ Agricultural Society's "Learning Through Gardening" Program